Monday, January 16, 2012

What I did this week.

I FINALLY got around to doing my nails. I decided to go with the Vintage Cloud Mani that has been floating around RedditLaqueristas:

I started with two coats of Elf's Innocent over the whole nail.
I then used Sally Hanson's Insta-Dry in Slick Slate applied in three rounded graduating strokes. (It helps if you have a little extra paint in the brush to keep the rounded look)
Followed by Elf's Nude applied in the exact same way.
The original tutorial ended here and looked fabulous but I just didn't like the look with such a light color on the end so I decided to apply one more coat of the Slick Slate. After waiting for what seemed like HOURS for everything to dry I topped it all off with Elf's Matte Finish Clear Top Coat. (When using the matte finish you have to be really careful to make sure that there's enough paint on the brush because it can catch your colors and cause some streaks.)

Yesterday Someone started a Lady Gaga inspired thread on MakeupAddiction and I decided to try my own spin on the classic Lightening Strike


This was a lot of fun!
I started by applying concealer and foundation on my lips (which I have never done before). 
I also played around with the Highlighter, Blushes, and Bronzer in the Elf Makeup Clutch Palette
I darkened and defined my brows with a pencil in short quick strokes (this I do everyday, it makes a HUGE difference on any face). 



I wet my crease brush and applied black shadow on the outside of my lid in a c shape lining right above my lash line (in the middle) and swooping around to the middle of my crease. 
Using the same wet brush (cleaning it a little on my wrist) I picked up some bright purple and started on the inner corner of my crease blending outwards. 
Wetting my angled brush I applied some gold shadow right in the middle of my lid blending toward the inner corner of my eye. 
I applied a highlighter shade above the pigmented shadows to my browbone. 
Using black liquid eyeliner by Elf I drew a tiny wing on my right eye, applied mascara and called that side done. =]

Here's the fun part. 
I used a black eyeliner pencil to draw a large star around my left eye, 
I filled the star with the same gold shadow as before and applied bright teal to the outer edges. 
Then I lined around my eye with Elf's liquid eyeliner in Copper and around the star as well. 
I then applied several coats of black mascara, I would have used false lashes but I didn't have any.
Using a berry lipliner I drew an almost heart shape on my lips and topped it off with the purple gloss in the Elf clutch pallet. 


It might not be perfect, but it was certainly fun!

Last but not least, I needed a new design in my hair. I decided to let my little brother free-hand a star and some stripes It came out pretty well.
(Apparently neither of us has a talent for stars, :p)

Just for fun here's a picture of Att and me!
(He did not like the flash on my phone!)

Have fun, and try new things!

Alicia
Mommy to Asher Zane 2.5 and Atticus Levi 6 months.




No comments:

Post a Comment